At Onion River Sports, we’ve been outfitting Vermont for adventure for more than three decades, with a premium selection of outdoor gear, clothing, and accessories for the whole family. We’re lucky to live in a place with endless opportunities to get out and enjoy breathtaking landscapes, varied and challenging terrain, and a full spectrum of beautiful seasons, and we have a wide-ranging selection of the finest products to take advantage of living in Vermont, whether you want to get outside on foot, skis, or wheels, in dirt, grass, pavement, mud, or snow. Along with hard goods and accessories we stock a complete line of men’s and women’s active and casual outdoor clothing to keep you warm and dry, cool and comfortable, and just plain looking good. Our products fit every season and every pursuit.
Whenever we aren’t at work in the shop, our friendly, knowledgeable staff of outdoor fanatics is hard at play on all of the products we sell. This means we understand and have extensive experience using the goods you’ll find in our store, we recognize the importance of quality and value in every purchase, and we can’t wait to help you find the gear, clothing, and accessories to keep you active outside year round. This also means that once you’ve found the perfect products for your individual goals and passions, we provide the skilled service technicians to help you maintain your gear. We also provide the outdoor events beyond the shop to keep you connected to your pursuits and your community, like weekly bike rides, group fun runs, family snowshoe romps, or ski waxing clinics.
Our comprehensive range of products includes:
- Bicycles – Choose from many styles of bikes for the whole family, including road bikes, hybrid bikes, mountain bikes, and kids’ bikes. We also stock a full line of bicycle accessories to make riding more safe, comfortable, and fun, including helmets, cycling-specific clothing, shoes and pedals, saddles, frame bags, hydration systems, lights, reflective gear, locks, tires, pumps, tools, and parts.
- Skis – Embrace a cold, snowy winter with many styles of skis, from telemark to backcountry to nordic touring or race to kids’ skis. Combine a ski purchase into a package with the other skiing essentials like poles, boots, and bindings. Ski accessories also abound, including packs, apparel, wax, bags, and racks.
- Snowshoes – Have fun on the next snow day with men’s and women’s specific snowshoes for out-the-back door romps, aggressive alpine hikes, snowshoe races on packed trails, and kids’ snowshoes in multiple sizes, as well as snowshoeing accessories like gaiters and poles.
- Running Shoes – Come try on a pair of running shoes, as well as running gear and apparel, for anything from the casual jog to the competitive race on trails or paved roads. Our line of running shoes includes models for any style of foot or gait on any type of surface.
- Camping & Hiking Gear – Be prepared for whatever you encounter on the trail this season with camping and hiking gear for anyone from the car-camper to the through-hiking or backcountry camper. Camping and hiking products include waterproof and breathable hiking clothing and footwear, packs, stoves, tents, sleeping pads, water filters, pocketknives and multi-tools, trekking poles, headlamps, and first aid.
- Car & Truck Racks – Plenty of excursions take place beyond the backyard, so we carry car and truck racks and rack accessories to transport almost any type of gear on any type of vehicle, including carriers for bikes, skis and snowboards, kayaks, canoes, surfboards, or cargo boxes, and racks for vehicle trunks, hatches, hitches, roofs, or truck beds.
- Women’s and Men’s Outdoor Clothing – Fashion and function fuse in sport-specific and lifestyle clothing for men and women, from winter outerwear and long underwear to summer dresses, swimsuits, shorts, and tanks for the beach, to activewear for running, cycling, hiking, or yoga.